Thursday 2 May 2013

Freaky Day!

Ok, now it's time to tell you a bad experience in canada! But wait, I would say also the following story is a experience which takes me not backward but it will teach me too ;-)

Today I woke up at 5 am because I had again a meeting with the software company. The main topic for that meeting was to convert the existing access databases into sql databases because we had many problems with the software in the past (the databases corrupted almost every week). Also
"Production control" was again a topic but we solved just one problem. We didn't convert the data because it took us to much time to download files and to configure the sql server. And because it became 6 am in Germany the advisor wanted to leave.
I figured it out how to set up sql and convert the databases by my self until 2 pm. My brain felt like it would blown away :-) - but I was and I am very happy that the software works now on sql and hopefully without crashing again. But lets go further to that "bad" experience.

I left the company after that job was done and I decided to get out with my dirt bike... mhh... I guess you might be thinking what happened... but once in advance! I didn't hurt myself :-)

In short! I prepared my bike and Truck, drove into the forest, dropped my bike, dressed my gear...


(I'm not fat - I worn a chest protection)



... and rode almost 15 km until I reached the top of the mountain. Nice view and back to the truck.

After about 7 km on my way back I was trying to make some wheelies - So far so good until this happened ...





I was a little bit scared because I had more than 8 km to walk until I would arrive my truck. I saw nobody during my whole ride and after that happened I walked for another 15 minutes.

And then I saw and met my hero of the day. A logger came back from work and picked me up (he is born in Germany but left to canada when he was 1 year). He dropped me at my truck and I went back to get my bike. What a luck!!!

Back home I removed wheel, sprocket and chain to see what really damaged. And fortunately it's not so bad as a originally thought. It could be worse...




Now I try to get new parts and I'll repair the bike by myself. And no worries! The game goes on!






Nice weekend at all!
Chris





No comments:

Post a Comment