Friday 22 March 2013

Still alive


Hello World, I've started my trip to canada on Tuesday March 19th (11am - german time). I couldn't start erarlier because I've received my letter of introduction (the letter who allows to access canada and to get a work permit during the time) only on Sunday March 9th. After receiving I've booked my flight.

But that is all History - How was the journey? My 10 hours flight to Vancouver was not too bad. It was comfortable enough to sit such a long time and the meal was ok. But in the aircraft it was so cold because of the air conditioning system that I got a cold until toady!



After more than an hour I got out of the airport and I've met Nolan who picks me up to Duncan on Vancouver Island. Because we missed the ferry we took more than 2 hours to get over. Nolan gots me to Braden's house where I have my accommodation.

(the right window is my room)


Because I was so tiered we've started the next day only at 11'clock. On my first day in canada I've spend a lot of time with Braden (and his truck) to do a lot of paper work. I applied my "Social Insurance Number" to be allowed to opening a bank account which I did also on this day and to be allowed to work in canada.





Later I visited my new company where I supposed to work for more than 5 months. They are manufacture doors for resale and I will help them to implement and optimize their new software for that business.





The last two days I've learned a lot of thing in every range. New Software, New Work, New Location, New People ... We will see what the time will bring. 
Today I shot my first clay with a shotgun. Very awesome... So guys, I'll take you in loop with my new experience.

Oh, for tomorrow Braden will do a adventure trip I guess we will get into the snowed in mountain :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment