Tuesday 11 June 2013

Sherk Lake and Ranger

Hello Folks,

This weekend was again really exiting. As you know I sold my F150 Truck few days ago and I was searching for something else to start my road trip with.
On Friday after work I checked different car-dealers in Duncan. But there was just one Truck which was interesting for me. A Chevrolet S10 in white. I took it for a spin but I felt not really familiar with that Vehicle. A little bit sad I drove back home. On the way back home I saw a white Ford Ranger XLT beside the road for Sale. I stopped to check the Truck. And he looked awesome. Like new, with Canopy and he really reached all my requirements. 
The only problem, there was no number or name or email to contact the sales person. So I started to write a little note to throw it in the Truck (the window was open) ... And during I did this an older man drove by with his wife. And guess what, he was the seller. 
It was so awesome to meet this man. He is a particular personality. We talked about different things, we took that Truck for a spin and he explained me everything about that Ranger. We met also a mechanic and he promised that there are no concerns about it. He was the guy who did all the work on it. 
And after 2,5 hours we talked about the price. And the price was really high. It was actually not my original aim to spent so much money for my road trip truck. So I decided to sleep one more night about it. But after I talked to my dad (he is also a mechanic) and my mum, I was sure to buy this Truck. 

On Saturday I nailed it. I called the seller that I'd like to deal with him, I  lowered the price a little bit and everything was fine. He picked me up at my spot and together we drove to an insurance office where he drunk a coffee and I dealt with the Insurance. 

I gave him the money...



.... we put my plates on... 



... and now it's my Truck...









After all this it was 3 pm on Saturday and I drove to Victoria to Western Speedway. I had still tickets for this event because they cancelled the race last time because of rain (I guess a month ago).

It was awesome to see a boat race, drifters and crazy cars on this one day...
That was really fun and my truck is brilliant on the highway!!!

























On Sunday Braden and me did a little road trip trough the Forest till Sherk Lake and around. It was a beautiful trip with difficult passages. We drove through rivers and we had a lot of fun. 

I captured a couple of pictures and Braden made some Videos and Pictures with his GoPro. 
But I don't have them yet. 















When we were back I washed my bike and my truck. I cleaned really hard Interior and Exterior of the Truck. Not because he was dirty, just because I wanted it to be perfect. 
And all I can say: I am so happy with that truck. And I actually trust in this Vehicle and with that age (1997) and just 114.000 km he is in a really really good shape!

Thats from Chris today, thanks for reading ;-) I hope you guys enjoyed these new pictures...

Nite Nite, Chris

oh and by the way, Elena asked me if we could do a road trip trough the states when she is here for holiday. And I would love it to do it with her. And this is what we imagine to do... (But its not fixed yet, she has to decide it)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that ur having fun and sounds like a great truck. I have been reading all ur post and it seems like ur having a good time... and ur probly wondering who this is. Its Brandon the kid u meant at the golf course dirt biking. I hope to be riding with u again soon. Text me if u want. 250 732 9255.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bradon, oh yes! I was wondering who is writing in perfect english on my blog :-) Thats for sure. Next time I go out I'll text you.
      Thanks for reading! Its good to know that all the "posting-stuff-work" is worth. See ya!

      Delete